Kazuki means "first shine"(一輝) or "harmony & hope" (和希), depending on the Japanese Kanji characters we choose. Being kiasu parents, we take both meanings lor! It sounds similar to daddy's 2nd wife's name "Suzuki"so he insisted on it :)
His chinese name 明峰 has a 明 to follow jiejie's 明艳。The 峰 means peak so we hope he reaches the top in whatever he does.
His arrival wasn't very eventful coz it was a planned elective csect. My gynae wasn't supportive of natural birth due to risk of previous csect wound rupturing. I also prefer csect since I can plan my arrangements for Miyoko and I didn't want to end up with an emergency csect again if Kazuki fails to arrive via natural birth. .
We camped over at my parent's place the night before so that they can take care of Miyoko in the morn. We arrived at Mt Alvernia hospital at 6am for the 8am operation. They gave me a double room coz it's full (snake baby so popular?). After I explained I've a toddler who might be noisy, they found me a single deluxe room which is slightly more expensive than a standard single room.
| My room looks like hotel room right? (minus the hospital bed). The western food was very good! Nurses are nice and caring. Mt A hospital is good! (except for the serious parking problem) |
After changing and clearing my bowels, we relaxed till around 7 then they took me to the waiting area for operations. Hubby had to wait outside the area. There they checked my particulars then the anesthetist came and asked my history, explained what he will do. A while later I was taken to the operating theatre for the epidural. Once done, the nurse put massager at my legs for blood circulation but I couldn't feel anything by then. Then my gynae appeared and joked whether I want to see the reflection of what he's going to do then turned the lights away. My hubby came in around the same time and sat beside me. We started chatting, wondering what is Miyoko's reaction when she wakes up without us around that morning and some random stuff I don't remember. The whole mood was very relaxed, so relaxed until we didn't even know baby was out already until gynae held him up smiling and said, "here's baby".
| My gynae smiling behind the mask (^-^) |
Kazuki is small at 2.6kg and a sleepyhead! He cried a while and then went into sleep mode. After taking a few photos, hubby went to the nursery with baby while the gynae sew me up. I was very alert and definitely not in pain (unlike my first csect where I was in pain after delivery while still in OT and had to be masked to zz). I looked around and saw the anesthetist relaxing one corner reading newspapers! Hahaha! When done, they brought me back to my room to rest.
| My sleepy boy in hospital |
In a flash, we became parents of 2 kids with a gap of 20mths. It's tough managing 2 young kids, especially when the elder one is at her terrible twos. But it's a joy to see the 2 interact, to see how 姐姐 dotes on 弟弟 and sometimes bully unintentionally.
No comments:
Post a Comment